Norstar Aluminum Molds, Inc. has been in business for over 60 years and is recognized worldwide for the products we produce and the services we offer. We are a forward thinking, talented, and creative group of people dedicated to continue our reputation as a leader in our industry through the use of innovative processes and technology. We recognize that our people are the reason for our success and we look to build on that success. Our proven training program has helped many employees advance into our many unique skilled positions.
If you are interested in working for a dynamic, forward thinking company with generous benefits and an incentive program, we encourage you to apply for a position with Norstar Aluminum Molds, Inc.
To apply, please email, fax, or bring your resume or a completed Employment Application to:
Norstar Aluminum Molds, Inc.
W66N226 Madison Ave.
Cedarburg, WI 53012
The Foundry Person will assist in the production of our aluminum molds, taking them from wood patterns, to urethane patterns, to sand and plaster molds, to cast tools. Work involves knowledge of foundry procedures, measuring procedures, and the use of hand, bench, and portable type power tools.
- Perform mold set-up operations in preparation for making waste plates. Produce base and side boards, block the parting line, clay-over blocks and mold to required contours.
- Assist in making plaster waste plate facing side and backing.
- Perform clean-up operations on face of the waste plate, removing all irregularities and wash the waste plate surfaces.
- Assist in drawing lines on waste plate face indicating flange area, tongue & groove locations, and mounting post locations.
- Assist in performing clay-up operations on pattern/model to required wall thickness.
- Assist in producing the complete foundry pattern, called a “casing,” with the use of hand, bench, and portable type power tools.
- Prepare sand mold halves (copes) by smoothing runner areas.
- Identify and patch areas that have been damaged or caused by porosity.
- Check faces for porous sand. Remove/level clumps, bubbles and other defects.
- Break down seam lines flush.
- Fit ceramic filter in filter basin.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be able to perform work wearing a half-mask respirator.
- No previous work experience required, but experience relevant to the job is helpful.
- Start at $12 per hour, potentially more with relevant experience.
- Full-time, 40 hours per week minimum.
- 1st shift: 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Monday – Friday